So here we are. Halfway through 2022. Already.
Is it just me or has this first part of the year seen an unusual amount of great music releases? It seems like artists I’ve loved for years waited until the COVID situation got a bit better to come back with some super ambitious projects.
I’ve also noticed that I’m listening to more music in other languages, especially French and Spanish, as well as tracks released by emerging artists worldwide (I have to thank my involvement with Musosoup for that).
Below, I will share a list of my favorite albums of the year so far, alongside my favorite track from a specific album in parenthesis. Of course, I haven’t listened to ALL the records I meant to listen to, so if you don’t see a one you’ve been dying for, don’t panic. It might make a comeback later in the year (*wink* *wink*).
Here we go:
- The Gods We Can Touch – AURORA (“Everything Matters” feat. Pomme)
- Dawn FM – The Weeknd (“I Heard You’re Married” feat. Lil Wayne)
- Marchita – Silvana Estrada (“Sabré Olvidar“)
- Are You Haunted? – Methyl Ethel (“Proof” feat. Stella Donnelly)
- Multitude – Stromae (“L’enfer“)
- MotoMaMi – Rosalía (“HENTAI“)
- Come Home The Kids Miss You – Jack Harlow (“Churchill Downs” feat. Drake)
- AMERICAN GURL – Kilo Kish (“AMERICAN GURL“)
- Spell 31 – Ibeyi (“Sangoma“)
- CL34N– Luna Ki (“Piketaison” feat. Lola Indigo)
- (Un)Commentary – Alec Benjamin (“Dopamine Addict“)
- SUPERPOP – Belén Aguilera (“VÉRTIGO“)
- Nena Trampa – Cazzu (“Maléfica” feat. Maria Becerra)
- Serotonin Dreams – BoyWithUke (“IDGAF” feat. blackbear)
I’d be super curious to know YOUR favorite albums of 2022 so far, so please drop them in the comments below! And stay tuned for the full list of best albums and best songs of 2022 scheduled for the end of the year.
Cover image credits: Silvana Estrada
Leave a Reply